Saturday, September 21, 2013

Weekend Points of Interest

This weekend I did not do much running around. I had notes that were begging to be converted to argument, so that happened instead of a lot of touristy wanderings. Tomorrow will likely more of the same, and some prep work for the week to come.

I did however spend part of the morning going around the Brixton markets, which I had not been to before.
Most stalls don't open before 10am. Here's one of the few that was open around 9 when I got there:


The coffee was good. Out side of the tube station nearby there was a branch of all the local chains, but I can go to those places almost any time. Like this sign suggests,

For reference, this sign lives outside of a local little place around the corner from my studio.

Anyways, back to Brixton. there were lots of interesting ethnic food stalls, but the 'retro' themed market street was kind of disappointing. It looked kinda like a a bunch of mini-rummage sale tables.

I did however find this:



In case you missed it, please note the street name above the Boots (Pharmacy) storefront. I hope everyone can guess the mental sound track immediately started in my head.

For info on one of the best stalls in the whole area, see the following website: www.imnottelling.com. Note that the address here is not actually where the link will take you. You'll have to click to find out.

Since I wasn't out and about a lot this week, I don't have many pictures. I'll make up for that later. I will end for now with a notebook that I saw in the BL shop and the question, should I buy it?


No comments:

Post a Comment