Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Non-research related stuff: daily life notes and photo essay 2

Note 1: I am once again reminded of the one cultural difference that I never seem to remember, no matter how many times I come to the UK or Ireland. That is: if a piece of candy looks purple, beware, for it is not, as might be expected, grape flavored. Instead I am always surprised to find the second most disgusting candy flavor ever in my mouth. Second only to my distaste for banana flavored candy and other things not naturally that flavor is my hatred of black currant flavored things. I have no problem with either banana or black currants in their natural forms, however they should never ever be used as flavoring for things that they themselves are not.

Note 2: Random household use for a standard manuscript tool kit: using the measuring tape to attempt to get the dimensions of the mini-freezer which does not work so that it can eventually be replaced. Probably long after I have left.

Stuff about town:

On the way back from the library, the following was spotted

Yes, it's a real place :)

I might be happier about this picture if there was a more 'Sherlock' vibe. Instead, there's a giant touristy junk shop in front of me.

Question of the Day: What do the following 2 pictures have in common? [No fair skipping ahead quickly to the answer...]

Exhibit 1


Exhibit 2







The Answer (in the form of a close up):


 So wrong, it's funny [eye-roll  :)]


No comments:

Post a Comment