Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Random Stuff Week 2: Yet another photo essay of sorts


Noted not to far from my little studio. To explain somewhat,

Part of me is tempted to just leave it at this. But because I'm nice :) if curious, please see this link for full(er) explanation.

Random "so-and-so-famous-person-was-here" sign on the way back from the library:
Equally random: Powerful stuff I never remember is so strong until I overdo it the first time:
Seriously, this stuff is incredible. One little squirt really can do a whole sink-full.

And now because I can't see the real thing for another three weeks:
Although this can be problematic at the time, right now I kinda miss it.

I will conclude for now with some more random thoughts and observations:

1) Being forced to use YouTube as television is sort of annoying. For example, you might get into a series only to find out that YouTube GB only has episodes 1-12 out of 60 something, and none of the American versions will work because of copyright-licensing stuff. NB: There is a tv in my studio, but it only gets 'the security camera outside the front door and in the hallway' channel and the 'if you had a tv license, you could be watching....' channel.

2) Black Staples brand clicker pens are not reliable.

3) Non-rhetorical, seriously please answer this question: Can-ought I pass up the opportunity to get someone one of the "{insert relationship here} went to {insert cool place here} and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" t-shirt? I've never actually done that before, and I am tempted. This will be re-posted on Facebook for ease of answering....

4) London weather may be at times almost if not more unpredictable than the Midwest. Example: On Monday as I walk back from the library I encountered the following sequence <light rain, hail, pause, downpour, mist> in the space of about a half hour. I also learned that Londoners seem to have no problem a) pushing you aside into a puddle or bus splash zone b) decapitating you with an umbrella c) just plain running you over d) any combination of the above, when in a hurry. Not that people in Milwaukee might not do these things too, but at least they pretend to slow down or turn a little out of the way before contact occurs. It's possible I'm just a little bitter about getting wetter than I had to (two days after the fact).

No comments:

Post a Comment