Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Short random thoughts that have little to do with scholarship

I saw these in a coffee shop in London:

I don't know about the 'new big thing' part. I would have tried them too, except that I am unwilling to pay approximately $7 for glorified pastry.

Instead, I ended up going to this place:


Random observation 1: I remember not liking Wine Gums candy last time I tried it. I must have been around 14 or so. I remember thinking they had a weird bitter aftertaste. I decided to try them again last week. They are in fact quite tasty, although they do not taste, as the name might suggest, like wine.

Random observation 2: Grown-up scholars are every bit as bad as students when it comes to habitual seats. In the reading rooms I was in multiple times, everyone seemed to take the same locker (mine were BL 575 and Oxford 10) and sit in roughly the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment